Patient Advocate - Sign on Bonus
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
SIGN ON BONUS OF $1,000 GIVEN AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
LOCATED IN GREENVILLE, SC - RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
The mission of the Patient Advocate (PaD) is to facilitate and ensure continuity in patient care and serve as a conduit of care between the services of the health center and into the community. The PaD will strategically engage employees and their dependents before, during, and after visits to the center in order to ensure we are providing personalized, informative, and compassionate care. The PaD role is supported by and reports to the Director of Patient Advocacy. The individual will work closely with the Vice President of Service Delivery, Account Manager, Medical Assistant, Provider, and Client HR Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination of Care
- Under the direction of the Provider and Director of Patient Advocacy, the PaD will coordinate care with external specialists, labs, medical equipment providers, counselors, health classes, etc.
- Provide patient care by administering clinical diagnoses and medication as needed
- Ensure electronic medical records are provided to Proactive MD’s Provider following any specialist visit.
- Receive prior authorizations required by the insurance company for tests or procedures.
- Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system.
- Coordinate care when a patient is admitted and discharged from the emergency room or hospital. Ensure Proactive MD’s Provider is included in the aftercare process.
- Visit hospitalized patients to ensure care coordination is directed by the Provider.
- Encourage and coordinate follow up visits at the health and wellness center.
- Works in coordination with the on-site Provider to analyze data and develop outreach campaigns and educational resources. The PaD is responsible for the execution and success of these campaigns
- Represent the health and wellness center at internal and external meetings and events.
- Be knowledgeable about and provide information to patients regarding available community services that could enhance their care.
- Coordinate patient care and treatment plans; provide educational materials/consultation; follow up on patient well-being.
Reporting & Analytics
- Analyzes data to bring forth information as it pertains to population risk management. The PaD utilizes this data in collaboration with the Provider to develop outreach campaigns and outreach programs accordingly.
- Evaluate historical claims data; collaborate with physician on clinical priorities; and develop programs, outreach campaigns, and educational resources that will encourage health and wellness center utilization.
- Assists with client relations. Generates and provides reports or documents for the Account Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Experience working in healthcare setting, Medical or Healthcare Social Work in similar setting, or Case Management role
- Licensed Master of Social Work Degree
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of case management
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and available patient resources
- Knowledge of payors
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly
- Knowledge of HIPPA confidentiality requirements
- Medical social work experience
- Knowledge of third-party payer requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This role will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours/week as directed. Typical workdays are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This role is considered an exempt position. Evening and weekend work are infrequent but may occasionally be required as business needs dictate. This is a non-management role with professional growth opportunities within Proactive MD.
Infrequent, domestic travel may be required and should be expected to be less than 20% of the position’s overall responsibilities.