Travel Registered Nurse (RN)
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
The Travel Nurse is at the forefront of Proactive MD’s clinical operations and is a champion of our Patient Promise: “We are only and always about the patient. We Promise to fight for their greatest good.” The duties of this role will include performing clinical functions as directed by the provider in the clinic. The Travel Nurse will travel between Health Centers, and a willingness and ability to travel overnight is required for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record. May use a computer system and information technology to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Executing medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and their competency.
- Patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
- Operating medical equipment.
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA, CLIA, and HIPAA guidelines.
- The position may include triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, insurance pre-certification, and documentation.
- May use general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- RN or LPN with a current nursing license in the state of practice
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- 1+ year of clinical nursing experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as state, federal requirements
- Must be able to interpret and implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of Proactive MD
Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to state and federal laws.